Israel is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. The country is rich in spirituality, history, culture, and despite of its small size (only 20,770 km²) it has a broad geographical diversity. In short, it has something for everyone.
image source: here
During the winter months, the country has a very moderate climate, whereby snow is a true rarity. This makes it even more attractive to those who live in countries with harsh and cold winters. Particularly during the Christmas and New Year holiday season, they come to Israel and go to the beach, get a tan, and can’t get enough of the sunshine.
The country has a wide variety of excellent hotels you can choose from. Israel hotels are renowned for their Israeli breakfasts, all you can eat buffets with abundant fresh fruits, vegetables and cheeses. Scrumptious.
One of the most luxurious and established Israeli hotel chains is the Dan Hotels. Dan Hotels have a 5-star ranking and are spread throughout the country, and found in each of the top 5 vacation destinations in Israel:
- Tel Aviv – Tel-Aviv is a bustling metropolis known as the city that doesn’t sleep. It borders the Mediterranean Sea and has a long coastline for sea lovers. You can surf, paraglide, swim, take a cruise… there are endless options. Of course, you can just enjoy reading a book on the sun-bathed beach. Tel-Aviv is also known as the “White City” because of its collection of over 4,000 buildings built in the unique form of the Bauhaus, and in 2003, it was proclaimed a World Cultural Heritage site because of its architectural uniqueness. Located right on the coastline is the Tel-Aviv hotel which offers visitors easy access to all of the city’s attractions.
- Jerusalem– Jerusalem is one of the holiest cities in the world and its religious sites are revered by Christians, Muslims and Jews. One can walk in the footsteps of Jesus down the Via Dolorosa, or see where Allah ascended to the sky in the Dome of Rock, or visit the Western Wall, a remnant a of the holy Jewish temple. The city’s archeological wealth is unmatched and dates back over 3,000 years. The Dan King David Hotel is in itself a historical landmark with a fascinating history surrounding the time of the creation of the State of Israel. The Jerusalem hotel is located on the historic slopes of Mount Scopus, and is surrounded by the rolling hills of Judea.
- Eilat – Eilat is a true vacation city- it averages 360 sunny days a year, and due to its desert climate, it often has the warmest temperatures in the country during the winter months. Eilat is Israel’s southernmost city and is located at the northern tip of the Red Sea. Divers from all over the world visit the city to dive in its exquisite reefs, and the city is also notorious for its wide variety of aquatic sports. Located in the hub of the city, the Dan Eilat hotel is a luxury hotel that has been recently ranked as one of the top 10 best hotels in the Middle East and Africa by the prestigious dé Nast Traveler magazine.
- Haifa– Haifa is Israel’s largest port city and is located in the north of the country. It is built on the slopes of Mount Carmel and has a rich history that dates back almost 3000 years. The Bahá’í World Centre is one its main attractions and has been proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site . The Center is a destination for Bahá’í pilgrims and is renowned for its breathtaking gardens. The city is also rich in museums, and the most popular museum, the Israel National Museum of Science, Technology, and Space offers a fascinating experience for both adults and children. Strategically located in the center of the city, the Dan Carmel Haifa hotel, is in close proximity to the city’s major attractions.
- Caesarea – If you love Roman architecture, you must visit Caesarea. During the time of the Roman Empire, Caesarea was a bustling port city with the biggest harbor in the old world. The ancient city has been well preserved and today you can see aqueducts, the hippodrome, the huge defensive walls that surround the city, and even dive to explore the original harbor. One of the major attractions is the city’s coliseum which has been restored, and, if possible, you should try and see a live concert in it- a truly memorable experience. The Dan Caesarea hotel is one of the most pampering hotels in the city with vast grounds that include a golf course, tennis courts, pools and more.
So, if you are looking for an unforgettable vacation- you should definitely consider a vacation in Israel. It will open your eyes to ancient worlds now lost, to the beauty of the dessert and the mesmerizing effect of the sea. And if you want to travel first class, the Dan Hotels are the way to go.